Sunday, May 30, 2010

CHAPTER FOURTEENTH:JASMIN SHAH

JASMIN SHAH

During our initial time of ragging and adjustment, jasmine shah was our natural partner as he lived in our hostel like only a few others from our batch. No doubt, stress makes relation stronger in short time-thus our friendship grew within no time. Jasmine was frank, witty and practical. Also, he had all qualities of an amdavadi. We used to go to buy things from karamsad and anand together.

Jasmine and tapasvi puwar, my best friend, had a few things common. Both were from amdavad, both used to rush to home on Saturdays, and both had distinct skill to communicate with girls! To other’s envy, both were seen surrounded by girls at college and at their routine journey to amdavad.

However, tapasvi had a typical rajpoot-ek ghaaa ne be katkaa- temperament while jasmine was a real baniya.

On one fine evening, when tapasvi had just sat down to start his dinner, jasmine came.

“Hi tapasvi!” he looked in witty mood. “Hey yaar, I wanted to make a serious suggestion for you…”

Not interested in any kind of joke, tapasvi plainly asked “what?”

“What if I call you by name puwarbhai ? he..he..he..” jasmine laughed on his own words.
“What did you say?” tapasvi’s voice and eyes changed.

Jasmine could not recognize that change of tone perhaps.

“I said tapasvi is a bit plain name without any note of respect. Don’t you think puwarbhai is a better name for you?” jasmine liked to tease tapasvi.

“I say stop this nonsense.”warned tapasvi

“Or what ? puwarbhai? All girls would love this name!!”

Next moment, tapasvi took his tiffin full of shaak daal and –wow- unexpectedly threw it towards jasmine!! Somehow jasmine was able to save him from that sudden attack. Sensing high temperature of tapasvi, jasmine ran away from the scene. After this incident,He never suggested ‘puwarbhai’ for tapasvi again….!

The throw of full tiffin made a permanent mark on wall of our hostel room no 19. The mark was seen till we completed our internship! But this incident had never any permanent effect on jasmine and tapasvi’s relations.


Jasmine was not happy with the fact that there was one girl in class having similar name. Whenever we needed to write his name, he insisted on us to spell his name as
J A S M I N and not jasmin E!

“Neh, can you please come to my room?” One evening after the college hours jasmine requested. “ I have a small problem and no one but you can help me solving that” he flattered me. Accepting the appraisal swiftly, I walked behind him to his room.

“ I have a difficulty in one question of physiology.” I liked physiology as a subject the most and I used to ask and answer a lot (maybe right or wrong!) in the physiology class of dr mazoomdar. The subject was quite near to my first love- physics. As I entered, I noticed jasmine’s room was full of my other friends and they all looked curious to our activity. I felt the question must be such that no one from them could solve them and so I - dr neh- was called to give the final answer!

“What is the issue?” taking gyton, our heavy textbook of physiology in hand from jasmine, I inquired.
“Can you read this line?” jasmine made me sit on a chair with those words.

----dhaff!! I was on the floor with the book in my hand and the broken chair on me! From subject expert, I was suddenly reduced to a subject of a practical joke! Everybody laughed.

“neh today we made so many fools sit on this chair and fall. Every one was tricked here asking them different things. We could not think any plan to get you on this chair. So finally I thought your love for physio and a bit of flattering words could work….and it worked very well..!” explained jasmine.

1 comment:

  1. hu to tapsvi ko bhagat---bhagavan no manas samajto hato,,,,kabhi itne gussevale mud me dekha nahi,,,,rahi bat jasmin ki vo mere school-mate the,,,mera achchhe se dhyanrakhate the

    ReplyDelete