Thursday, September 01, 2011

CH 22 :COLLEGE SECRETS :WINE (AND KETAMINE) HAS TRUTH !


WINE (AND KETAMINE) HAS TRUTH!

(I was not an eye witness of this incident but I am putting it here as was told to me… making minimal factual changes like changing true names)

Nishant was a real macho in our college. No one would dare to go near him. His speech was loud and clear. He walked like a tiger in the college corridors. He had a bike matching his body image. He used to wear a weird type of goggles when riding bike. Those weird goggles probably were a benchmark for him.

But this was not all. He was from a rich family and had everything a boy would desire to have. Rather, he could give everything a girl would desire from a boy. No doubt, he was a leader of our college.

“DO you know nishant? Girls of our class are dying on you.” Vikrant, his best friend told him one day when they were on the way to the library late evening.
“Yes I know…” he gave a flat answer not looking at vikrant.

“But probably I know whom you like the most.” Vikrant had something more to say. “I saw you staring at her many times... in fact you go to library just to find a seat near her. Am I right?”
Last few words were enough. Nishant stopped.
“What do you mean?”
“You know what I mean... you can not hide your feelings from me, good friend!” surety and affection in vikrant’s voice were enough to melt down the college tiger. There was silence for a few seconds before nishant opened his heart.
“You are right….apeksha… she is the only thing in the whole world I desire...” he stared deep in sky and continued “whenever I see her expressive black big eyes I forget everything. When she puts her golden skinned hand in her silky hairs, I get simply lost in her thoughts. Her smile gives me a zillion watt current. When she passes by, my heart stops beating. Faatko chhe yaar!”
“You are in love man! Go and tell her... what you are waiting for?” vikrant directly said what he wanted to. “You are a macho man. This is the time to prove it!”
“It is not that easy friend. I feel she has probably feelings for me but how can I be sure for that? If I confess prematurely then she may turn away from me. Many a times, still, I try to open up my heart to her but my brain becomes numb and my heart feels like failing at such times…”

“May be… if you wait for sometime, she may confess and make things easy”

Soon after, nishant’s choice became buzz of the campus. Every one was surprised how a man like him felt helpless when it came to confessing love to a girl! Probably all the boys knew nishant’s choice. The information also leaked to the girls very soon. For nishant, it was like…

Patta patta butta butta haal hamara jane hai,
Jane na jane GUL hi na jane baaag to sara jaaane hai!

In fact whenever some one referred to that girl, he used to use words like “nishant wali". Still, it remained impossible for nishant to go to her directly and open up his heart until a special incident.

Despite boasting healthy body, nishant had some anatomical problem in the nose. Because of this, he had a lot of problem in breathing at night. Finally the ENT surgeon decided to operate him for that.

A day was fixed for surgery. The operation was a small procedure. But it needed a general anesthesia.
“Hello nishant…I am to give anesthesia and you will sleep within a few seconds. Do not worry. There will be no pain at all...” the anesthetist gave him routine advice. Nishant was injected with a latest molecule available at that time. Soon, the procedure to correct the anatomical defect was started.

All friends of nishant were out side the operation theatre. Since ours was a small campus, every one knew about the operation. The procedure lasted for a few minutes. But mean time, gradually, whole of the nishant’s class gathered outside the theatre, including all girls.

At last nishant was out from OT. He was shifted to a recovery room on a stretcher. Whole of the class followed his stretcher. Everyone wanted to wish him early recovery.

Nishant looked half drowsy. His eyes were still closed.

“Hey nishant, how are you buddy?” some one asked.

In response, without opening his eyes, nishant just nodded his head. Everyone was happy to see him recovering from anesthesia.

Suddenly nishant started shouting.

“ APEKSHAAAA…….APEKSHAAAA….. I LOVE YOU!” everyone including apeksha was shocked by nishant’s shouting!

A confession which seemed very difficult even in private was made in public by nishant laboring under effect of the drug. The drug injected to nishant was the same that presently is used by forensic experts for narcoanalysis.

The effects of drug were known at that time also. It removes all controls and inhibitions on the subconscious mind. It was some one’s serious mistake that let the whole class to enter the recovery room when our tiger was recovering.

However, this story had a sad end. Since even after this incident, apeksha never showed any interest in nishant.


( fresh note: soon after our marriage, i had personal experience with this anasthetic molecule, ketamine, when i was injected with the same for a short procedure at resp dr ajay vyas's hospital. dr vyas, being friendly and jolly, purposefully asked me whom i love. i spoke jasmine's name at that time! )

No comments:

Post a Comment